Sunday, April 18, 2010

Van Pickup - Friday (4/16/2010)

For a variety of reasons we are using a rental agency for our van transportation (I haven't really mentioned this yet----we are driving from Hays to Louisville!)

Show up at 7:30 a.m. (hard to believe I am on-time that early in the morning)... no one around, office is dark, door is locked. 7:40 a.m.---he shows up.

Jessica Tormey had delivered me to the rent yard (so that my car could stay in the garage) I mentioned at the time that the van sitting on the lot looked a little small---but didn't really think about it or follow up.

I sign the papers and head for Gross Memorial, as I have students WAITING...

As I start driving down the road, I realize this van is a little shorter than what we ordered. While it DOES have enough legal seating for our group, we are lacking in adequate space for luggage.

I'd expected a 15-passenger van---I received a 12-passenger...

No comments:

Post a Comment